Professor of Civil Engineering and Director of Bowen Laboratory
Lyles School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
HAMP 4143 / BOWN 1048
Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
M.S.C.E., Purdue University
B.S.C.E., Purdue University
Steel design, structural analysis and design, structural fatigue, structural models, experimental methods.
Selected Research Projects
- August 2009-June 2010, Federal Highway Administration & Indiana Dept. of Transportation, Evaluation of Effects of Super-Heavy Loading on the US 41 Bridge Over the Wabash River, Bowman w/ Connor.
- April 2008-May 2011, National Academies of Science/NCHRP, Evaluation of Fatigue on the Serviceability of Highway Bridges, Bowman.
- July 2006-Sept. 2009, Charles Pankow Foundation: Design Procedure for Dual-Plate Composite Shear Walls, Bowman w/ M. Kreger.
- Jan. 2006-Apr. 2008, Federal Highway Administration and Indiana Department of Transportation: Training for Load and Resistance Factor Design (LRFD) of Substructures, Bowman w/ McCullouch.
- Oct. 2005-July 2006, Alcoa: Fuselage Panel Fatigue Crack Growth and Residual Strength Test Program, Bowman w/ Grandt.
- Aug. 2004-Dec. 2006, Federal Highway Administration and Indiana Department of Transportation: Fatigue Strength of Steel Bridge Members with Intersecting Welds, Bowman.
- Aug. 2003-Aug. 2005, Federal Highway Administration and Indiana Department of Transportation: Training for Load and Resistance Factor Design, Bowman w/ McCullouch.