Professor of Civil Engineering and Director of Bowen Laboratory
School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
HAMP 4143 / BOWN 1048
Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
M.S.C.E., Purdue University
B.S.C.E., Purdue University
Steel design, structural analysis and design, structural fatigue, structural models, experimental methods.
- Parr, M.J., Connor, R.J., and Bowman, M.D. (2009). "A Proposed Method for Determining the Interval forHands-On Inspection of Steel Bridges with Fracture Critical Members," Journal of Bridge Engineering, ASCE, Accepted for publication.
- Akinci, N.O., Liu, J., and Bowman, M.D. (2008). "Parapet Strength and Contribution to Live Load Response for Superload Passages," Journal of Bridge Engineering, ASCE, 13(1); 55-63.
- Chotickai, P. and Bowman, M.D. (2006). "Comparative Study of Fatigue Provisions for the AASHTO Fatigue Guide Specifications and the LRFD Manual for Evaluation," Journal of Bridge Engineering, ASCE, Submitted and under re-review.
- Wood, S.M., Akinci, N.O., Liu, J., and Bowman, M.D. (2006). "Analysis and Instrumentation of a Steel Bridge for Investigating the Effects of Superloads". Transportation Research Board, Accepted to Publication.
- Chotickai, P. and Bowman, M.D. (2006). "Truck Models for Improved Fatigue Life Predictions of Steel Bridges," Journal of Bridge Engineering, ASCE, 11(1); 71-80.
- Li, X., Whalen, T.M. and Bowman, M.D. (2005). "Fatigue Strength of Double-Mastarm Sign Structures for Natural Wind," Transportation Research Record, National Research Council; No. 1928.
- Barth, A.S. and Bowman, M.D. (2001). "Fatigue Behavior of Welded Diaphragm-to-Beam Connections." Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE 27(10); 1145-1152.
For complete list in PDF form . . .