Associate Professor of Civil Engineering
Lyles School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
Ph.D., Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne, 1986
M.S., Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne, 1977
B.S., Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne, 1976
Soil mechanics; geosynthetics; particulate mechanics; geotechnical uncertainty; reliability and risk analysis.
- Lee, S. H. and Bourdeau, P. L. (2006), "Filter Performance and Design for Highway Drains", Final Report, FHWA/IN/JTRP-2005/1, May, 204 p.
- Zevgolis, I. E. and Bourdeau, P. L. (2006), "System Reliability of Cantilever Retaining Walls with Correlated Failure Modes", Proceedings, ASCE, Geo-Institute Geocongress, Atlanta, Feb. 26-March 1, 2006. Publication on CD Rom.
- Bourdeau, P. L. and Zevgolis, I. E. (2005), "Correlations entre modes de ruine dans l'analyse de fiabilite de systeme des murs de soutenement (Correlations between failure modes in system reliability analysis of retaining walls)", Proceedings, 4th Conference on Materials and Structures Reliability, JNF '05, Clermont-Ferrand, France, Oct. 25-26, 2005, Paper No. 2.6, 8 p. (in French).
- Bourdeau, P. L. and Amundaray, J. (2005), "Non-parametric Simulation of Geotechnical Uncertainty", Geotechnique, Institution of Civil Engineers, London, Vol. 55, No. 2, pp. 95-108.
- Bourdeau, P. L. (2004), "Long-term Deformation of Soft Ground at a Trial Embankment Site and Its Simplified Numerical Modeling", in GSP No. 126, Geotechnical Engineering for Transportation Projects, July, ASCE, Vol. 1, pp. 420-427.
- Bourdeau, P. L. (2004), "Probabilistic Modeling of Landslide Reactivation by Embankment Load", Proceedings, ASCE Specialty Conference on Probabilistic Mechanics, Albuquerque, NM, July. Publication on CD-ROM.
For complete list in PDF form . . .