Professor of Civil Engineering and Environmental and Ecological Engineering
Lyles School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley, 1988
M.S., University of California, Berkeley, 1983
B.S., Purdue University, 1981
Physico/chemical processes of environmental engineering.
Selected Research Projects
- 2006-2008, American Water Works Association Research Foundation, Challenge Organisms for Inactivation of Viruses by Ultraviolet Treatment, Blatchley.
- 2006-present, HydroQual, Analysis and Validation of Large-Scale Ultraviolet Disinfection Systems, Blatchley with Scheible, Bergstrom, and Robinson.
- 2006-2007, National Swimming Pool Foundation, Combined Application of UV Radiation and Chlorine for Recreational Waters-Phase I: Basic Chemistry and Photochemistry, Blatchely.
- 2006-2007, Center for the Environment, Purdue University, Development of a Peptide Nucleic Acid Actinometer, Blatchley with Bergstrom.
- 2003-2008, NASA NSCORT: Center of Excellence in Advanced Life Support, Mitchell.
- 2004-2007, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California Demonstration-Scale Evaluation of Dyed Microspheres for Quantification of Dose Delivery in Ultraviolet Disinfection Systems, Blatchley w/ Bergstrom and Robinson.