Associate Professor of Civil Engineering
School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
Ph.D., Purdue University, 1983
M.S., University of Washington, 1976
B.S., University of Washington, 1974
Photogrammetry/remote sensing, data adjustment, digital image processing.
- Hoshizaki, T., D. Andrisani, A. Braun, A. Mulyana, and J. S. Bethel. (2004) "Performance of Integrated
Electro-Optical Navigation Systems", Navigation: Journal of the Institute of Navigation, Vol. 51, No. 2, Summer,
- Lee, C., and J. S. Bethel. (2004), "Extraction, Modeling, and Use of Linear Features for Restitution of Airborne
Hyperspectral Imagery", Jorunal of the International Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, July, pp.
- Elaksher, A., J. S. Bethel, and E. Mikhail. (2003) "Roof Boundary Extraction Using Multiple Images", Photogrammetric
Record, 18(101), March, pp 27-40.
- Lee, S., J. Shan, and J. S. Bethel. (2003) "Class-Guided Building Extraction from IKONOS Imagery", Photogrammetric
Engineering and Remote Sensing, Vol. 69, No. 2, February, 2003, pp. 143-150.
- Lee, C., and J. S. Bethel. (2001) "Georegistration of Airborne Hyperspectral Image Data", IEEE Transactions
on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 39, No. 7, July, pp. 1347-1351.
- Lee, C., H. Theiss, J. S. Bethel, and E. Mikhail. (2000) "Rigorous Mathematical Modeling of Airborne Pushbroom
Imaging Systems", Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing, April, pp. 385-392.