Professor of Agronomy and Professor of Civil Engineering and Director of Laboratory for Applications of Remote Sensing (LARS)
Neil Armstrong Hall of Engineering
701 W Stadium Avenue
West Lafayette, IN
Ph.D., Ohio State University, 1981
MSCE, University of Illinois, 1973
BSCE, University of Illinois, 1970
Methods in statistical pattern recognition for high dimensional data analysis, data fusion techniques for multisensor problems, multiresolution methods in image analysis, and knowledge transfer in data mining.
- C.A. Weed, M.M. Crawford, A.L. Neuenschwander, and R. Gutierrez, "Classification of High Resolution Lidar Data using a Lower Envelope Follower and Gradient-Based Operations," submitted to Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing.
- S. Rajan, J. Ghosh, and M. M. Crawford, "Exploiting Class Hierarchies for Knowledge Transfer in Hyperspectral Data," submitted to IEEE Trans. on Geoscience and Remote Sensing.
- E.M. Rathje, M.M. Crawford, K. Woo, and A. Neuenschwander, "Damage Patterns from Satellite Images from the 2003 Bam, Iran Earthquake," Earthquake Spectra, Earthquake Engineering Research Institute), in press.
- A.L. Neuenschwander, M.M. Crawford, and S. Ringrose, "Results of the EO-1 experiment - Use of Earth Observing-1 Advanced Land Imager (ALI) data to Assess the Vegetational Response to Flooding in the Okavango Delta, Botswana," International Journal of Remote Sensing, in press.
- J. Ham, Y. Chen, M. M. Crawford, and J. Ghosh, "Investigation of the Random Forest Framework for Classification of Hyperspectral Data," IEEE Trans. on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 43, no. 3, 492-501, 2005.
- S. Lee and M.M. Crawford, "Unsupervised Multistage Image Classification Using Hierarchical Clustering with a Bayesian Similarity Measure," IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, vol. 14, no.3.