Bowen Engineering Head of Civil Engineering and Christopher B. and Susan S. Burke Professor of Civil Engineering
Lyles School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
Office: HAMP 1101A
Phone: (765) 494-2256
Ph.D., University of California, Davis, 1989
M.S., University of Kentucky, 1986
B.Tech., Indian Institute of Technology, 1984
Watershed hydrology; stochastic and statistical hydrology; spatial variability; modeling surface and subsurface water movement; fate and transport of contaminants; machine learning applications in hydrology.
Selected Research Projects
- 09/15 - 08/17, EPA, Decision Support Tool for Risk-Based Watershed Management
- 01/11 - 03-15, USDA, Development of drought triggers for agricultural applications
- 09/12 - 08/15, NSF, CMG Research: A copula-based probabilistic approach for space-time characterization of droughts
CE 340 - Hydraulics
CE 343 - Hydraulics Lab
CE 344 - Drainage Lab
CE 440 - Urban Hydraulics
CE 544 - Subsurface Hydrology
CE 542 - Hydrology
CE 646 - Advanced Subsurface Hydrology
Honors & Awards
- Ojha, R., Prakash, A., Corradini, C., Morbidelli, R., and Govindaraju, R.S., (2015), "Temporal moment analysis for vertical solute transport in heterogeneous soils," Journal of Hydrology, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2014.11.076, 521, 261-273.
- Ramadas, R., and Govindaraju, R.S., (2015). "Probabilistic assessment of agricultural droughts using graphical models," Journal of Hydrology, 526, 151-163. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2014.09.026
- Ojha, R., and Govindaraju, R.S., (2015). "A physical scaling model for aggregation and disaggregation of field-scale surface soil moisture," Chaos: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Nonlinear Science, 25, 075401 (2015); doi: 10.1063/1.4913235, 14 pages.
- Mallya, G., Tripathi, S., and Govindaraju, R.S., (2015). "Probabilistic drought classification using gamma mixture models," Journal of Hydrology, 526, 116-126. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2014.11.008
- Morbidelli, R., Saltalippi, C., Flammini, A., Cifrodelli, M., Corradini, C., and Govindaraju, R.S., (2015). "Infiltration on sloping surfaces: laboratory experimental evidence and implications for infiltration modelling," Journal of Hydrology, 523, 79-85. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2015.01.041.
- Ramadas, M., and Govindaraju, R.S., (2015). "Choice of hydrologic variables for probabilistic drought classification: a case study." ASCE Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, 05015013-1 to 05015013-14, doi: 10.1061/(ASCE)IR.1943-4774.0000981.
- Hoque, Y., Tripathi, S., Hantush, M.M., and Govindaraju, R.S., (2016). "Development of aggregate measures of watershed reliability, resilience and vulnerability using relevance vector machine and variational Bayesian noisy principal component analysis," Journal of Environmental Quality, doi:10.2134/jeq2015.10.0508.
- Mallya, G., Niyogi, D., Tripathi, S., Mishra, V., and Govindaraju, R.S., (2016). "Trends and variability of droughts over the Indian monsoon region," Weather and Climate Extremes, 12, 43-68, doi: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2212094715300578.
- Morbidelli, R., Corradini, C., Saltalippi, C., Flammini, A., Brocca, L., Cifrodelli, M., and Govindaraju, R.S., (2016). "An investigation of the effects of spatial heterogeneity of initial soil moisture content on surface runoff simulation at a small watershed scale," Journal of Hydrology, 539, 589-598, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2016.05.067.