Opportunities start here for your future!

Future Undergraduate Students
Welcome to the Purdue School of Civil Engineering Undergraduate Program, ranked among the top in the nation. The School of Civil Engineering offers a four-year undergraduate Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (B.S.C.E.) degree. Incoming students are admitted to the First Year Engineering program, which provides a plan of study to all freshman engineering students. As you navigate and experience the school's nine academic engineering specialty groups: architectural engineering, construction engineering, environmental engineering, geomatics engineering, geotechnical engineering, hydraulics and hydrology engineering, materials engineering, structural engineering and transportation engineering, you will find the information you need to pursue your Civil Engineering degree. To learn more about the Purdue College of Engineering, the First-Year Engineering program, and to schedule your campus visit please visit the Office of Future Engineers.
Future Graduate Students
The Purdue Civil Engineering Graduate Program has over 300 students working towards either a Master's or PhD degree. The Master's degree program is designed to be flexible so that students can work with faculty members to develop a plan of study tailored to their professional goals and allows them to acquire the specialized skills that are increasingly necessary for professional practice (ASCE Policy Statement 465). The PhD degree provides an opportunity for more in-depth study necessary for students who want to pursue research and academic careers.
CODO Transfers
A CODO is a transfer from one curriculum to another within the University. In order to CODO into the School of Civil Engineering a student must meet the following requirements:
  • Successfully complete all First Year Engineering requirements
  • Meet the minimum 2.5 GPA requirement using only those courses that are applicable to the BSCE degree program
  • Meet with a CE advisor to determine if CODO requirements are met
  • Submit a request for CODO forms through MyPurdue
  • Complete and sign both copies of the CODO form. Advisors from the school the student is leaving and the school the student intends to enter must also sign the form
  • Return one copy of the CODO form to the Office of the Registrar for processing
If you are interested in learning more about the School of Civil Engineering, please visit the Future Undergraduate Students page.