White River Bridge
Donated by Indiana Railroad
Original Location: Elnora, IN
Structure Type: Through Truss
Total Bridge Length: 1,300 ft
The White River Bridge was built in 1899 and carried railroads over the White River in Elnora, IN. Due to its age, weight restrictions and a 10 mph speed limit were necessary in the years before its replacement. The original bridge could not carry modern freight trains, which are heavier than the trains from over a century before.
The bridge was replaced in 2015 and the bridge specimens were donated to S-BRITE in July 2015.
Figure 1. Bridge in Original Location
Figure 2. Bridge bottom chord specimens erected at S-BRITE