Kostas Daniilidis is the Ruth Yalom Stone Professor of Computer and Information Science at the University of Pennsylvania where he has been faculty since 1998. He is an IEEE Fellow.
He was the director of the GRASP laboratory from 2008 to 2013, Associate Dean for Graduate Education from 2012-2016, and Faculty Director of Online Learning since 2016. He obtained his undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering from the National Technical University of Athens, 1986, and his PhD (Dr.rer.nat.) in Computer Science from the University of Karlsruhe, 1992, under the supervision of Hans-Hellmut Nagel. He was Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence from 2003 to 2007. He co-chaired with Pollefeys IEEE 3DPVT 2006, and he was Program co-chair of ECCV 2010. He received the Best Conference Paper Award at ICRA 2017. His most cited works have been on visual odometry, omnidirectional vision, 3D pose estimation, 3D registration, hand-eye calibration, structure from motion, and image matching. Kostas’ main interest today is in geometric deep learning, data association, event-based cameras, and vision based manipulation and navigation.
- Alex Zihao Zhu, Liangzhe Yuan, Kenneth Chaney, Kostas Daniilidis: EV-FlowNet: Self-Supervised Optical Flow Estimation for Event-based Cameras. Robotics Science and Systems, 2018 (Best Student Paper Finalist).
- Alex Zihao Zhu, Yibo Chen, Kostas Daniilidis: Realtime Time Synchronized Event-based Stereo. European Conference on Computer Vision, 2018.
- Alex Zihao Zhu, Dinesh Thakur, Tolga Özaslan, Bernd Pfrommer, Vijay Kumar, Kostas Daniilidis: The Multivehicle Stereo Event Camera Dataset: An Event Camera Dataset for 3D Perception. IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters 3(3): 2032-2039 (2018)
- Carlos Esteves, Christine Allen-Blanchette, Xiaowei Zhou, Kostas Daniilidis: Polar Transformer Networks. Int. Conf. Learning Representations (ICLR) 2018.
- Carlos Esteves, Kostas Daniilidis, Ameesh Makadia, Christine Allec-Blanchette. Learning SO(3) Equivariant Representations with Spherical CNNs, European Conference on Computer Vision, 2018.
- Andrew Jaegle, Stephen Phillips, Daphne Ippolito, Kostas Daniilidis: Unsupervised learning of image motion by recomposing sequences. Int. Conf. Learning Representations (ICLR) 2018.
- Georgios Pavlakos ; Luyang Zhu ; Xiaowei Zhou ; Kostas Daniilidis Learning to Estimate 3D Human Pose and Shape From a Single Color Image, Int Conf. Comp. Vision Patt. Recog., CVPR, 2018
- Georgios Pavlakos ; Xiaowei Zhou ; Kostas Daniilidis Ordinal Depth Supervision for 3D Human Pose Estimation, Int Conf. Comp. Vision Patt. Recog., CVPR, 2018
- Alex Zihao Zhu, Nikolay Atanasov, Kostas Daniilidis: Event-based feature tracking with probabilistic data association. ICRA 2017: 4465-4470
- Sean L. Bowman, Nikolay Atanasov, Kostas Daniilidis, George J. Pappas: Probabilistic data association for semantic SLAM. ICRA 2017: 1722-1729 (Best Conference Paper).