Plan of Study Advisory Committee
The plan of study advisory committee must consist of:
- 3 faculty members
- 2 (at least) must be BME faculty members.
The PhD plan of study advisor committee must consist of:
- 4 (at least) members
- 3 must be approved BME faculty members
- 1 must be approved faculty member without any formal affiliation to Weldon BME School
Plan of Study Process
PhD Students: No later than November 15 of the second year, each Ph.D. student will:
Master’s Students: No later than the end of your first fall semester, each Masters student will:
- Assemble an appropriate advisory committee (with advisor input);
- Convene a meeting of this advisory committee;
- Present research progress, preliminary research focus, and proposed plan of study in 20 minutes or less at this meeting;
- Complete the POS worksheet with signatures of all advisory committee members; schedule a meeting with the Grad Office to discuss and submit your signed worksheet;
- Submit the approved POS online through myPurdue according to ePOS instructions on the plan of study page.