Fifth-Year Combined BS/MS Professional Master's Biomedical Engineering (non-thesis)
- Open only to Purdue BME undergraduate students;
- No particular grade point average automatically entitles a student to admission;
- Up to 9 credits of graduate-level coursework can be dual counted for both your BS and MS degree as long as both degree requirements are being met and grades are B- or better.
- 3.3 grade point average or higher in undergraduate studies;
- GRE is waived for admission to program
Current Weldon undergraduates will submit a pre-application to the BME Graduate Programs office by May 1 of their junior year to determine if admissions qualifications are met.
Students will be notified by the BME Graduate Office in June if they have been accepted into the program. If so, the student will be instructed to submit the Purdue University Graduate School application on or before August 1 of their senior year.
Pre-application Deadline: May 1, junior year
Due in one application package are:
- One letter of recommendation (best from internship/co-op supervisor, faculty member or any other individual that can attest to your success in this program)
- CV or resume;
- Statement of Purpose;
- Official Purdue University transcript;
- Plan of Study (POS) outlining the fourth and fifth years which must be approved prior to submission with application. Use this form: Fifth Year Professional Master's Plan of Study Worksheet
Students will be notified by the BME Graduate Office in early June you are accepted into the program. If so, the student will be instructed to submit the Purdue University Graduate School application on or before August 1 of their senior year. BS/MS students will have dual status as undergraduate and graduate students and therefore will be eligible for undergraduate financial aid until they have completed all of the BS degree requirements. Student's are also eligible for financial aid for the MS portion of their degree, if needed. This is a self-funded Master's program and is not an intended path to a PhD.
- Major: Biomedical Engineering
- Biomedical Device Development or
- Biomedical Device Development with Industry Immersion
- Semester: immediate upcoming fall semester for 'Term/Year.'
- CV or resume - upload to online application.
- Statement of purpose - upload to online application.
- Application fee paid online via credit card, unless you qualify for a waiver, i.e., through participation in SURF. Mark application accordingly.
- *Letters of recommendation - see below.
- The BME Graduate Office will upload to online application your Purdue University transcript that was submitted with the pre-application.
- GRE is not required for BS/MS applicants, but if you have taken it do list your scores in online application.
*Letters of recommendation are not required, but the online application system will require applicants to enter the names of three recommenders with email addresses. Since we don't actually want anyone to be notified by email to submit a letter, students should list the following as "ghost" recommenders: Sandy May (firstname.lastname@example.org), Tammy Siemers (email@example.com), Purdue Grad School (firstname.lastname@example.org). Each person will know to disregard the request.