Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering Ambassadors
Ambassadors will be identified and selected each April by the BME undergraduate and graduate academic teams. This process is designed to identify distinguished individuals who demonstrate excellence in the classroom, good communication skills, capacity to work well with others, and leadership ability. To qualify for a BME ambassador position, a student must:
- Be currently enrolled full-time in the Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering and have completed no fewer than three academic semesters at Purdue.
- Have an accumulated GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Have at least two semesters remaining at Purdue.
Length of Service
Ambassadors serve a one-year term starting in August. After the end of each term, the ambassador is evaluated on participation and performance. If requirements are still met, they may be invited to continue for another semester or one-year term.
Requirements and Expectations
Training and Meetings
- Attend general orientation and all other applicable training sessions.
- Acquire knowledge of the basic information about Purdue and BME.
- Attend monthly mandatory meetings and contact program coordinator if excused absence is requested.
Activities and Events
- Participate in approximately three to four activities per semester.
Academic and Personal Excellence
- Maintain a GPA of at least 3.0.
- Exhibit professional conduct when representing BME, including appropriate conversation, manner, and dress.
- Be responsible, committed, outgoing, and flexible.
- Demonstrate pride in Purdue and the Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering and enjoy sharing your experiences.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the BME ambassador program.