Social Media Intern
Do you have passion for Purdue University and the persistant pursuit of the next giant leap? Does the idea of helping tell the Purdue University story excite you?
The Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering is searching for a Social Media Intern for the Spring 2022 semester and beyond.
- Work with Senior Manager of Marketing and Communications to plan posts, pull information from various sources, and create posts for varied audiences.
- Schedule messages and respond in the voice of the University to questions and/or comments on post.
- Research peer and other institutions to review what others are doing through social media.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to increase the use of social media at Purdue.
- Assist with writing longer-form stories to turn into social media content as needed.
- Content creation for social media platforms, especially Instagram.
- Ability to customize messages for various audiencse using the Purdue Univeristy and Weldon School brand voice.
- Self-starter with demonstrated experience working on multiple projects, learning from supervisors and collaboration with others.
- Storng organizational skills and managing processes under deadlines.
This is a paid internship, and will require the student to report in-person to Martin C. Jischke Hall of Biomedical Engineering (MJIS) at least 50% of the time. Student may work up to 10 hours a week.