Scholarship Information for Current Students
Agricultural & Biological Engineering (ABE) awards over $50,000 in scholarships to our students annually. We encourage you to apply!
How to Apply:
ABE uses the University Wide Application System, which allows you to fill out one application and be considered for all ABE and College of Agriculture scholarships (the College of Engineering has not adapted this application yet).
- Here are the steps that will make this process work best:Use this Worksheet and be sure you have answers to all questions – especially the essays. (If you are not prepared, there is a good chance you might get kicked out of the application before it is complete, and all data will be lost. So, be prepared and save your essays.
- When you are ready to start, use this "Scholarship Application"
- You can select either the “College of Agriculture” or the “College of Agriculture Biological Engineering” (Both have the same questions and go to the same place.)
- At the next page select Purdue University DFA Scholarship Application Log-In
- Enter your Career Account and Password and click the "log-in" (Remember your session expires after 60 minutes so save your information periodically.)
Note: "Current Students" include First Year Engineering students who plan to join ABE. First Year Engineering Students - You have one more step to complete an ABE Application, click here.
When to Apply:
The application is typically available for 2 months starting in December and the application deadline is February 1. Watch the College of Agriculture Scholarship website for availability.
Who Sponsors ABE Scholarships:
Many of our Scholarship Sponsors are companies who hire our students or faculty, alumni and friends of the department who want to help us recruit and retain the best students.
Unless noted on the scholarship, you do not need to apply for each ABE scholarship. Filling out the application (above) will allow the ABE Selection Committee to determine scholarships that fit your qualifications.
Other ABE Scholarships
Occasionally we have scholarships where the sponsor would like to be involved in the selection process. When we get this type of scholarship, we post them and email you about this opportunity. Many times, we will use the electronic application (above), and may add a few "extras", such as an essay. We would encourage you to consider scholarships.
OTHER OPPORTUNITIES FOR SCHOLARSHIPS:
College of Agriculture Scholarships
College of Engineering Scholarships
Division of Financial Aid Scholarships
Questions Regarding Agricultural & Biological Engineering Scholarships
Contact Dan Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org)